Tested to perform Titanium Fluid Strength Technology™
As engines have evolved, so have our oils. We’ve developed a new dynamic system that actively strengthens the oil called Titanium Fluid Strength Technology™.
Titanium Fluid Strength Technology™ continuously responds and adapts to your engine’s every need even under the severest possible pressures.
Tailor-made to the specific requirements of a range of engines, it is designed to minimise metal to metal contact, constantly adapt across a variety of engine speeds and driving conditions, and remain stronger for longer, giving you always the confidence to drive how you want, when you want.
It is proven to:
- Help maximise short and long term engine performance
- Help sustain improved performance for longer even when under pressure
- Deliver excellent protection when reducing metal to metal contact between the critical engine surfaces
- Enhance engine efficiency.
the oil must withstand over 10,000kg of pressure per square centimetre
The Fluid Strength Test
To prove the adaptive strength of Castrol EDGE, our engineers have devised the Fluid Strength Test, which measures the amount of metal to metal contact between engine parts.
- The test took place in one of the toughest areas of the engine where the Camshaft lobes and valve gear travel at incredible speeds
- Here the oil must withstand over 10,000kg of pressure per square centimetre
- We showed Castrol EDGE is up to 40% stronger* at reducing metal to metal contact compared to a leading competitor.
So what does this mean for you as a driver? Less friction, increased efficiency and enhanced driving performance.